Plymouth Student Accommodation 2021
- No agency fees
- Great houses close to the University
- Experienced maintenance contractors
- Deposits protected
- Bills included*
- High speed broadband
- Plymouth City Council approved HMO managers
- UKALA and Property Redress Scheme members
- Client money protection
Tudor Price Lettings provide quality houses and flats for Plymouth University, Plymouth College of Art and Marjons students. We have 2 - 13 bed houses available. Bills are included, and in most houses high speed broadband is supplied free of charge. We charge no fees. Properties are booked for the following academic year from November, so early viewing is recommended. See the steps below to renting your next home!
Call or email to arrange an accompanied viewing of the property that you are interested in.
Tenant Details and Financial Guarantor Form
Complete tenant details questionnaire. We require a financial guarantor for all student tenants who must complete and return the guarantor form.
Sign the Tenancy Agreement and pay the deposit. Once recieved in full, this will be registered and insured as the damage deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Deposits are refundable, subject to there being no damage and the property left clean at the end of the tenancy.
Moving in and paying rent
Arrange a time to collect the keys in September. Rent is payable on the 1st of each month by standing order, or in three instalments to coincide with student loan issue dates.
* Within agreed limits on properties with 3 of more bedrooms
Are bills included in student properties?
- In student properties with 3 or more bedrooms, bills are included in your rent, subject to reasonable use. Broadband will also be provided free of charge.
Are there any fees or deposit?
- We don’t charge and fees, or ask for any advance rent payment.
- For student properties, we take a deposit of £200 for each tenant that will be registered and protected with the MyDeposits scheme.
What length are the contracts?
- Our contracts are set for 11 months in student properties. ( Just under 48 weeks) These run from the 1st September to the 31st July.
- Contracts for residential properties are periodic agreements, set for 6 months and then rolling monthly.
Do I need to pay council tax?
- If you are a full time student following a full time higher education course, you qualify for council tax exemption, meaning that you do not need to pay council tax. Occasionally we need to show the council evidence that you are enrolled on a full time course.
- Anyone who is not a full time student will need to pay council tax.
How often do I pay rent?
- Students can choose to pay by 3 term instalments , to coincide with the student finance dates, or split the total rent into 10 instalments.
- For residential properties, rent is paid monthly.
How do I pay the rent?
- The tenancy agreement has a ‘method of payment’ page with the bank account details. Payments should be made by BACs or electronic bank transfer. For the payment reference, please put your property number and street name. eg 81 North Hill.
Can I smoke in my room?
- No smoking is allowed in any of our properties. This is for the safety and wellbeing of all tenants. If you do choose to smoke, please do so outside and dispose of cigarette butts in a suitable container, not on the ground.
Can I end my tenancy early or pull out of my contract before I move in?
- Your tenancy agreement commits you to paying your rent for the property for the full duration of the contract. If you wish to end your tenancy early, you will need to find a suitable replacement tenant to take over your tenancy. We can advertise to try to help you do this.
Does my property come with car parking?
- We have a small number of properties that have private, off road parking spaces. For any parking on the street, you may be able to apply for permits through Plymouth City Council (PCC) who control this. All enquiries for permits should be made directly with PCC www.plymouth.gov.uk