With the promise of sunnier days and more restrictions easing, our Tudor Price Lettings team have put together a list of some of the best local and independent places to eat and drink in Plymouth. Italian, Greek, Turkish, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Himalayan, Mexican and British cuisines can all be found in Plymouth, we’ve got a lot for students in Plymouth to choose from and now more than ever our restaurants need our support!
Restaurants in Plymouth which Students Love
- Tilt, 68 Ebrington St, Plymouth PL4 9AQ (tel: 07530 859780) – great choice for Plymouth students on Ebrington street. Known for their sliders, you can’t miss out on the Korean chicken or the Parmesan fries. As one reviewer put it, ‘I would walk 10 miles barefoot in the rain for more'. Geddon Plymouth.
- AtKitchen, Plymouth City Market, Cornwall St, Plymouth PL1 1PS (tel: 07526 300065) – A Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant offering a range of Asian dishes, summer rolls, noodles, rice dishes and so much more! Located on the mezzanine level of Plymouth market, the service is quick and friendly, the food reasonably priced and it is always unfailingly delicious.
Plymouth Fish and Chips
Being a fantastic coastal resort, it's no surprise there are plenty of options for Plymouth students who are looking for traditional fish and chips. There are several great fish and chip restaurants to choose from:
Harbourside Fish and Chips
- Address: 35 Southside St, Plymouth PL1 2LE
- Tel: 01752 603183
- Google Rating: 4.5/5 based on 1900 ratings
- Trip Advisor Rating: ranked 10th out of 196 places for quick bites to eat in Plymouth
This stylish contemporary fish and chip restaurant on Plymouth harbour is rated by some of the best in town, and you can eat in, take away, and enjoy beer or wine with your meal for a great night out.
The Harbour Seafood Restaurant & Takeaway
- Address: Sutton Harbour, 21 The Barbican, Plymouth PL1 2LS
- Tel: 01752 228556
- Google Rating: 4.4/5 based on 1700 ratings
- Trip Advisor Rating: ranked 52nd out of 480 restaurants in Plymouth
Based in the famous Barbican area of Plymouth, this popular restaurant takes fish and chips to the next level with a dazzling array of seafood cuisine, alongside some great vegan and vegetarian options.
Cornwall Street Fish Bar
- Address: 33-35 Market Ave, Plymouth PL1 1PG
- Tel: 01752 219617
- Google Rating: 4.5/5 based on 275 ratings
- Trip Advisor Rating: ranked 6th out of 480 restaurants in Plymouth
Dine in for fresh fish and chips for lunch or for dinner at this popular restaurant, ranked their favourite by many who visit. As well as traditional fish and chips, burgers and vegetarian options are highly regarded, with an extensive menu to choose from.
Sandwich Bars, Cafes, Bakeries & Other Places to Eat in Plymouth
- ThreeJ’s, 1a Clifton Pl, Mutley, Plymouth PL4 8HU (tel: 01752 261866) - a personal favourite of mine. If you’re not one to fall for the rave reviews, then you just have to taste it to believe it! The friendly customer service is above and beyond, you’ll never be disappointed with a trip here.
- The Early Bird, 51 Mutley Plain, Mutley, Plymouth PL4 6JH – This is a brunching fav among the students of Plymouth. There are often queues out the door for a table, which leaves nothing else to say. Oh! Apart from the brownies are incredible and my only complaint is that it’s going to take me weeks to try them all. We best get cracking!
- The Lisbon Bakery and Restaurant, 22-24 Frankfort Gate, Plymouth PL1 1QD (tel: 07852 221707) – Another popular Plymouth café in the up-and-coming West End of Plymouth, taking your tastebuds on a journey across the bay to Portugal! A recent discovery for us but this delightful and authentic café has been here for 4 years. Reviews speak highly of the value for money, the strong tasty coffee and the insanely delicious selection of cakes & pastries. Don’t forget to try the Pasteis de Nata!
Want vegan food? Discover Plymouth's best vegan restaurants
- No Whey!, 65 Union St, Stonehouse, Plymouth PL1 3LU (tel: 07752 947050) - Located on Union Street, No Whey proves that vegan food can be fun, bringing the street food vibes, but being healthy and delicious at the same time. This dazzling Mexican is a hit receiving glowing reviews from all their customers, this should be on your list for sure!
- Cosmic Kitchen, Sir John Hawkins Square, Palace Street, Plymouth PL1 2AY (tel: 01752 229955) – This is the best restaurant in Plymouth! Number 1 on Trip Advisor, scoring off the charts on the reviews, located in a gorgeous peaceful courtyard with a Mediterranean feel on a sunny day. They have a 100% vegan menu including Jackfruit wraps, salads, vegan sausage rolls, vegan Scotch eggs, Peanut butter cups and plenty more cakes! I am a huge fan of Cosmic Kitchen and am not surprised they are on top!
- Bonne Santé, The Custom House Building, The Parade, The Barbican, PL1 2JP (tel: 01752 310263) - Specialising in fresh produce and unique, exquisite flavours, the menu at Bonne Santé is almost exclusively vegan, a heaven-sent destination for lovers of plant-based cuisine.
If the night is still young...
If you've sampled one of Plymouth's best restaurants and are looking for something to do for the rest of the evening, be sure to check out our list of the very best student bars in Plymouth, so you can really make it a night to remember!
As well as having some amazing places to eat for students, students can find some fantastic accommodation at Tudor Price, with perfect homes to live in while studying in Plymouth. View all our Plymouth student accommodation now!